Here are our principal booking conditions, together with some useful information to assist you in planning your self catering holiday at Outchester and Ross Cottages in Northumberland. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Prices and Availability
Our prices and availability can be viewed on-line and they are 100% live and accurate at all times.
- Our prices are all inclusive! All prices quoted are in Pounds GB and inclusive of VAT at the current rate. They are also inclusive of all heating, linen, electricity and coal.
The Ducket, The Beacons, Eiderduck & Puffin Cottages have been graded as 5 Star self catering holiday cottages. All of the other cottages are graded as 4 Star self catering cottages.
- Booking Options
There are a number of booking options possible depending on the time of year and choice of cottage.
- The Ducket is available for short breaks all year round. Weekend three-night breaks run from Friday at 3.00 pm until Monday at 10.00 am. Midweek four-night breaks run from Monday at 3.00 pm until Friday at 10.00 am.
- Curlew, Puffin, Sandpiper and East Coastguard Cottages are let for full weeks only from April until the end of October. They are available for weekend breaks from November until March with the exception of Christmas, New Year and February half term.
- Coastguard Lodge, Dovecot, Hedgehope, Kittiwake, Eiderduck and West Coastguard Cottages are let from Saturday to Saturday all year round and for midweek four-night breaks between November and March, with the exception of Christmas, New Year and February half term. Between April and the end of October they are available for full weeks only.
- Shepherd's, Oystershell, Badgers, Wagtail, Skylark and Oystercatcher Cottages are available for full weeks all the year round and they are not available for short breaks at any time.
- Christmas, New Year and February half term are let for full weeks. The commencement dates for the Christmas and New Year weeks will vary each year - see our prices and availability table for details.
- Making a Booking
A deposit of 25% of the total rent must be made at the time of booking. The balance must be paid six weeks before your arrival date. For bookings made within six weeks of arrival, full payment must be made immediately. We strongly advise that you should consider taking out some form of holiday insurance if you do not already have some, because a reservation constitutes a legal contract. If you have to cancel your holiday for whatever reason you are still liable to pay the full balance owing on the holiday, even if you don't come. In the event of such a cancellation, the balance will fall due immediately. If we manage to re-let the holiday we will refund the balance, minus a £50 administration charge. You can buy Cancellation Insurance to cover any potential loss at www.Cancellationplan.co.uk
Payment can be made by credit or debit card on-line or by cheque. Cheques should be made payable to 'Outchester and Ross Farm Cottages'. Please note that payment by credit card will attract a surcharge of 2% to defray at least part of the fees that we have to pay to the card companies. No surcharge applies to other methods of payment, including paying by debit card.
Eiderduck is graded Mobility M1 and is suitable for the less able-bodied. The remainder of the cottages, with the exception of East and West Coastguard Cottages, have the living accommodation and at least one bedroom and bathroom on the ground floor. Please contact us by telephone to discuss your specific requirements and the suitability of your preferred cottage before booking.
The maximum occupancy of our cottages as stated in our website must not be exceeded. However, all cottages except The Ducket, East & West Coastguard Cottages, and Coastguard Lodge, can accommodate one further person. There is an additional charge of 10% of the rent for this, inclusive of the z-bed we would provide. Only those guests listed on the booking form may stay in the cottages.
- Cots and High Chairs
We have collapsible travel cots (please bring your own cot linen) and high chairs (please bring your own straps) available at no extra charge in any quantity you require.
We provide one bath towel and one hand towel for each guest, tea towels and all the bed linen. Your beds will be made up on arrival. Please bring your own beach towels. For your additional comfort and safety whilst using the shower we have available on request a safety mat. For the second week of a two week booking a basket of clean laundry is provided but no mid-stay cleaning service.
In the event of any problem during your holiday do please let us know straight away, and we will deal with it as quickly as possible. We retain the right of entry for inspection and repairs.
Smoking is not permitted in any of our cottages.
Although we are dog owners ourselves, we regret that we are no longer able to accept pets in any of our cottages except Wagtail, Hedgehope and Curlew Cottage where we accept one well-behaved dog.